Winni Hardway Off

After a fairly epic bike ride the length of the lake today and consultation with several of the wise ones we’ve decided not to try a Hardway on Wednesday. The ice is fairly thin right now especially considering there is little if any open water and there are many hazards large and small. Every day the pressure ridges are different and new ones pop up. The ice from 3 Mile Isl. to Center Harbor is very very rough, and blocked by one of the biggest pressure ridges we encountered.
Our feeling is Wednesday might be a great sailing day from Wolfeboro, and there will be boats sailing, but none of us familiar with the lake on a daily basis and making this call feel like now is the time for a Hardway.
We are hoping to do a 3rd Hardway in 3 years so stay tuned.

This entry was posted in 2020 Season, Default Category. Bookmark the permalink.